A Queens public school went to pot last week when an eighth-grader sold her classmates marijuana-laced brownies, the Daily News has learned. Twenty students at Intermediate School 208 in Bellerose were caught munching on the psychedelic treats that a girl peddled out of her backpack, officials confirmed.
The youngsters scooped them up for $3 each — or two for $5 — in the cafeteria during lunch on Thursday and Friday, said a parent of one of the kids, who estimated the baked baker raked in about $250.
While some of the students knew the treats would put the high in junior high, others did not, said the parent, whose son ate one of the pastries and panicked when he felt the effects.
“They slipped my son a mickey,” said the angry mom, who didn’t want her name used. “How come nobody noticed these kids were high?”
Kids at the K-8 school were noshing on the hash brownies during recess and in class, the mom said. None got sick or visited the school nurse. But their buzz definitely wore off Monday when a student tipped off a dean.
The kids who ingested the doped delicacies will face a hearing at the school to determine their punishment, said Department of Education spokeswoman Margie Feinberg.
“This was a troubling incident, and as soon as the school learned about it they reported it to us and reached out to the parents of the student involved,” said Feinberg.
Officials are bringing in a counselor to speak to the school community about substance abuse and prevention, added Feinberg. Police were called to the school Monday and found a small bag of pot in the bathroom, but no arrests were made in either incident, cops said.
Story @ NYDailyNews