( 4UMF NEWS ) Robin Roberts Back:
NEW YORK (AP) — Five months after undergoing a bone marrow transplant, Robin Roberts is back on television in the morning.
Roberts said Wednesday she’d been waiting 174 days “to say this, good morning America.”
The morning-show host is recovering from MDS, a blood and bone marrow disease. She looked thin with close-cropped hair but was smiling broadly, back at work on “Good Morning America” at ABC’s studio in New York.
ABC announced Roberts will interview the first lady later this week, to be shown next Tuesday.
ABC News President Ben Sherwood came into the studio to give fist bumps to the anchors at the 7:25 a.m. EST break. He said Roberts’ health will be closely monitored to make sure she doesn’t overdo it at the beginning.
“This was up to Robin, her doctors and God,” Sherwood said. “It’s a day that we all rejoice.”
ABC didn’t miss a beat with her absence, continuing in first place in the ratings after first overcoming NBC’s “Today” show last spring. Sherwood said the success with Roberts’ absence surprised him.
- Robin Roberts returns to ‘Good Morning America’ (newsok.com)
- 5 Robin Roberts returns to ‘GMA’ – New York Daily News (nydailynews.com)
- Robin Roberts makes emotional return to ‘GMA’ desk (wcvb.com)
- Robin Roberts returns to ‘Good Morning America’ (goerie.com)
- Robin Roberts back on GMA Wednesday (wxyz.com)
Comments5 Responses to “Robin Roberts Back”
TrackbacksCheck out what others are saying...
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.