(4UMFNEWS) Monks Burn Themselves In Protest:
Tibetan monks are burning themselves in record numbers. The process , called “Self Immolation” , is used as a protest against the Chinese government on behalf of the Tibetan Independence movement. This year , there have been twenty four deaths resulting from Self immolation in Tibet.
- Third Tibetan self-immolates in three days in China (guardian.co.uk)
- Tibetan writer under house arrest calls for self-immolations to stop (guardian.co.uk)
- Tibetan self-immolators dismissed as ‘criminals’ by Chinese officials (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- China Two Young Tibetan Monks Set Fire to Themselves – and Survive (socyberty.com)
- Tibet’s Reign of Fire: The Symbolism of Self-Immolation (shawoetibetthar.wordpress.com)