( 4UMF NEWS ) Libya Jails Less Than Us:
Libyan Oil was discovered in 1959. King Idris allowed oil profits to be collected by the oil companies. When Col Gadaffi took power , the oil profits were diverted to within Libya. The result was the elimination of unemployment , a rise in literacy and life expectancy , as well as overall standards of living.
Libyan life expectancy was the highest in Africa at seventy five years , and ten percent above the world average , with fewer people living below the datum poverty line than Holland. Libya is ranked sixty – one on the international incarceration index , while the U.S. is ranked first.
With free health care , housing and education fueled by the lowest oil production cost in the world , in a country where charging interest was illegal. The impact of a debt laden , interest driven monetary system will have on Libya’s society has yet to be determined.
Source : Fighting For Liberty
- | Libya’s new dawn goes dark: The forgotten victims of NATO strikes! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Former Gaddafi spy chief arrested in Mauritania (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- Libya action may have backfired, reducing chances of UN support (smh.com.au)
- Rights group: NATO failed to investigate airstrike casualties in Libya (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- British journalists accused of spying released in Libya (newstatesman.com)
- Libya at odds with France over Gaddafi’s spy chief (laaska.wordpress.com)
- Cultural Revolutions: Libya (sarahalicewaterhouse.wordpress.com)
- Libya’s chief spy arrested (laaska.wordpress.com)
- Libyan leader says autonomy call a foreign plot – Reuters (reuters.com)