April 23, 2014

Breaking News:

Keyshawn Johnson Arrested -

Monday, April 21, 2014

Chris Brown’s Bodyguard Found Guilty -

Monday, April 21, 2014

Knicks Fire Mike Woodson -

Monday, April 21, 2014

Earthquake Shakes Mexico City -

Friday, April 18, 2014

Suspicious Packages Found At Boston Marathon -

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

200 Hundred Dead Or Injured In Bus Station Bombing -

Monday, April 14, 2014

Aldon Smith Arrested At LAX -

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Three Dead In Jewish Community Center Shooting -

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Stephen Colbert Named New Host Of The Late Show -

Thursday, April 10, 2014

UMass Guard Becomes First Openly Gay Player In D-1 Basketball -

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Six Injured In High School Stabbings -

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Active Shooter Reported At Portsmouth Naval Hospital -

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Judge Rejects Request To Dismiss Chris Brown Case -

Monday, April 7, 2014

U.S. Pinger Locator Detects Signal -

Monday, April 7, 2014

Ship Detects Pulse Signal In Search Of Missing Plane -

Saturday, April 5, 2014

7.8 Aftershock Shakes Chile -

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Shooting Reported At Fort Hood -

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

5.8 Earthquake Strikes Off Coast Of Panama -

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tiger Woods Withdraws From The Masters -

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

North Korea, South Korea Exchange Fire Near Border -

Monday, March 31, 2014









Four People Hospitalized From Dog Vomit

( 4UMF NEWS ) Four People Hospitalized From Dog Vomit:

A dying dog’s vomit sent four people to the hospital in Colorado — an incident possibly triggered by a chemical used in rat poison, according to reports.

The puke examined at the Vail Valley Animal Hospital in Friday’s poisoning likely contained zinc phosphate, commonly found in rat bait, the Eagle River Fire Protection District said.

“When the pesticide comes into contact with water, it forms a toxic gas,” said fire inspector Gail McFarland, according to the Vail Daily. “When the dog threw up, this released the gas as the pesticide had mixed with the contents in the dog’s stomach.”

The dog, which later died, had been brought to the Edwards-based clinic for treatment. Its owner wasn’t identified, and it was unclear where it came into contact with the chemical.

The fumes from the vomit caused three people to show signs of “respiratory distress,” while a fourth person was also taken to the hospital as a precaution. Their conditions weren’t immediately known Sunday.

Officials don’t believe anyone else was affected by the toxic fumes. Symptoms of exposure would include a burning sensation in the throat and breathing problems.

Cases of veterinary workers getting poisoned by dogs that have ingested pesticides are not uncommon.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported in April that a 70-pound dog in Michigan vomited rodenticide and poisoned two vet employees. Four others also showed symptoms, but none required hospitalization, according to the Los Angeles Times.

To protect themselves, animal experts say, workers should induce vomiting outdoors and stand upwind from the potential fumes.

Source