Forest Whitaker Accused Of Stealing
( 4UMF NEWS ) Forest Whitaker Accused Of Stealing:
Whitaker — an Academy Award-winning MILLIONAIRE — says he was on his way out of the Milano Market on the Upper East Side Friday when he was stopped by a deli employee and accused of swiping an item from the shelf.
An eyewitness tells TMZ … the employee proceeded to frisk Whitaker in plain view … treating him as if he were a common criminal.
Shocker, the employee’s pat down yielded zilch … and Forest left the establishment baffled and angry.
Whitaker’s rep tells TMZ, “This was an upsetting incident given the fact that Forest did nothing more than walk into the deli. What is most unfortunate about this situation is the inappropriate way store employees are treating patrons of their establishment.
“Frisking individuals without proof/evidence is a violation of rights.”
The rep adds, “Forest did not call the authorities at the request of the worker who was in fear of losing his employment. Forest asked that, in the future, the store change their behavior and treat the public in a fair and just manner.”
We called Milano Market for comment — but no one wanted to talk.
- Forest Whitaker Blasts NYC Deli — I Was FALSELY ACCUSED of Stealing (tmz.com)
- You Can’t Be Serious: Forest Whitaker Publicly Embarrassed When Accused Of Shoplifting From Deli And Frisked By Po-Po’s (bossip.com)
- Can You Spare Some Change???: Forest Whitaker Accused of Stealing From a NY Deli and Furious (noseygirl.com)
- Forest Whitaker’s Representative Takes Aim At Shoplifting Allegations (contactmusic.com)
- Forest Whitaker’s cousin was changed by war (hollywood.com)