April 24, 2014

Breaking News:

Keyshawn Johnson Arrested -

Monday, April 21, 2014

Chris Brown’s Bodyguard Found Guilty -

Monday, April 21, 2014

Knicks Fire Mike Woodson -

Monday, April 21, 2014

Earthquake Shakes Mexico City -

Friday, April 18, 2014

Suspicious Packages Found At Boston Marathon -

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

200 Hundred Dead Or Injured In Bus Station Bombing -

Monday, April 14, 2014

Aldon Smith Arrested At LAX -

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Three Dead In Jewish Community Center Shooting -

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Stephen Colbert Named New Host Of The Late Show -

Thursday, April 10, 2014

UMass Guard Becomes First Openly Gay Player In D-1 Basketball -

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Six Injured In High School Stabbings -

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Active Shooter Reported At Portsmouth Naval Hospital -

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Judge Rejects Request To Dismiss Chris Brown Case -

Monday, April 7, 2014

U.S. Pinger Locator Detects Signal -

Monday, April 7, 2014

Ship Detects Pulse Signal In Search Of Missing Plane -

Saturday, April 5, 2014

7.8 Aftershock Shakes Chile -

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Shooting Reported At Fort Hood -

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

5.8 Earthquake Strikes Off Coast Of Panama -

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tiger Woods Withdraws From The Masters -

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

North Korea, South Korea Exchange Fire Near Border -

Monday, March 31, 2014









Family Awarded $63 Million From Motrin

Motrinbottle.jpeg.jpg

( 4UMF NEWS ) Family Awarded $63 Million From Motrin:

A teenager who went blind and lost 90% of her skin after suffering a horrifying allergic reaction to the pain reliever Children’s Motrin has won $63 million in compensation.

Samantha Reckis was only 7 when she took the children’s ibuprofen, manufactured by Johnson & Johnson, around Thanksgiving 2003 to ward off the symptoms of a fever.

But rather than heal her, the drug induced toxic epidermal necrolysis — a potentially fatal condition that causes the top layer of skin, the epidermis, to detach from the lower layers.

The rare ailment kills 40% of those diagnosed with it — and comes from a severe allergic reaction to medications such as barbiturates, penicillins and sulphonamides.

Attorneys for Reckis argued that the bottle only had a small technical warning, which didn’t warn consumers of potential adverse side effects.

It led to a Massachusetts jury to rule that Reckis and her parents should be paid the staggering sum by Johnson & Johnson and its subsidy McNeil-PPC Inc.

Samantha, who underwent 19 bouts of surgery following the incident, was awarded $50 million and her parents were each given $6.5 million.

But the Boston Globe reports that the amount could yet be increased up to $109 million as the trial judge still has to review the awards.

The Massachusetts family’s attorney Bradley Henry said Samantha’s condition was “excruciating.”

He said: “It’s like having your skin burned off of you. Imagine your worst sunburn times 1,000. It’s an absolutely devastating condition.”

Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., based in New Brunswick, N.J. said it was considering an appeal of the verdict.

A statement read: “Children’s Motrin, when used as directed, is a safe and effective treatment option for minor aches and pains and fever and we believe the medicine is labelled appropriately.”

Source