Before Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson invented the wardrobe malfunction—or at least coined the term to describe the unexpected exposure of normally covered body parts—the entertainment industry was different. Everyone tried hard to make sure a women’s breasts did not fall out of their costumes, because they knew someone would be held accountable if some young, impressionable child saw something as depraved and unnatural as a woman’s nipple.
But now? Meh, if a boob falls out, it falls out. It’s not anyone’s fault—just a case of a wardrobe not functioning in the manner in which it was intended. What can you do?
The folks over at the WWE know a little something about this. They’ve been doing the whole “Diva” thing since the mid-to-late 1990s, and all along pretty much everyone has understood that, when two women wrestle in skimpy outfits, stuff is going to fall out.
That being said, the Divas don’t always have to be wrestling in order for wardrobe malfunctions to occur. The one that happened to Brie Bella last night on Monday Night Raw, for example, occurred while she was just sitting there.
- WWE Diva Has Wardrobe Malfunction, Internet Celebrates (webpronews.com)
- WWE Officials Make Brie Bella Apologize For Nip Slip, Latest On Big Show (wrestlingtec.wordpress.com)
- The Miz: WWE Champ to WWE’s Chump (blog4dat.wordpress.com)
- WWE “Total Divas” Nikki and Brie Bella Meet and Greet at NBC Universal Experience Store (socialeyesnyc.com)
- Total Divas Starts Sunday July 28th at 10pm on E! #WWE #WWEMoms (wrestlingaddictedmommy.com)