But being admitted to hospital for surgery appears to have made 50 Cent a little delusional.
The rapper, real name Curtis Jackson, tweeted a picture of himself surrounded by stuffed animals – including a giraffe, elephant and lion – wearing a hospital gown on his sickbed.
The 36-year-old posted the picture to his six and half million followers online, but failed to mention the crucial details of why he had been admitted.
Failing to elaborate, 50 Cent instead deflected the reason for his medical attention, saying: ‘I’m in the hospital but my gangsta grillz LOST TAPE is done so it will be out on time.’
Hip-hop artist DJ Drama, who collaborates with 50 on the new record, seems to think his friend is suffering from a ‘stomach virus’ and will make a swift recovery.
He told XXLMag: ‘First they wanted to keep it quiet (50′s illness), but he’s not a quiet guy.
‘He should be cool. It’s nothing that serious. We still gonna do our promo (scheduled for tomorrow).’
Story @ dailymail
- 50 Cent – Many Men (Throwback Thursday) (hiphopforbreakfast.com)
- 50 Cent’s Gangsta Grillz Debut Will Drop May 22nd [VIDEO] (hiphopwired.com)
- 50 Cent To Perform At SXSW (4umf.com)
- 50 Cent Announces The Lost Tape Gangsta Grillz With DJ Drama (hiphopwired.com)
- 50 Cent Releasing Gangsta Grillz Tape (rapradar.com)