13 Die After Drinking Cough Syrup
( 4UMF NEWS ) 13 Die After Drinking Cough Syrup:
Thirteen people have died in a main Pakistani city after drinking cough syrup suspected of being toxic, police said Monday.
Khan said they died at various hospitals in the eastern city of Lahore over the past three days. Five other addicts who drank the cough syrup were being treated.
Police arrested the owners of three drug stores where the cough syrup was sold and sent a sample to determine whether it was toxic, said Khan.