( 4UMF NEWS ) $100 Million Lawsuit Against Beyonce Moves Forward:
Superstar Beyoncé will have to face the music and defend a $100 million lawsuit brought against her last year after she backed out of a deal to make a dance-move video game.
In a decision filed Thursday in Manhattan Supreme Court, Justice Charles Ramos said that it is clear to him now that the singer’s position was “meritless” when she asked him to dismiss the suit.
Ramos’ ruling opened the door for the case to go to trial.
The lawsuit was brought by Gate Five LLC which said Beyoncé double-crossed the firm by pulling out of the deal at the last minute.
Beyoncé’s legal team argued that she had a right to withdraw because Gate Five did not have firm financial backing by the deadline.